To the Green Fields Beyond
Attacks not requiring Supply Points:
- Units that have attacked or engaged in barrage may not move in the next phase.
- If you begin Movement Phase unsupplied, rate is halved.
- Unit may always move 1 hex (except ZOC and blocked).
- Exceptions to Road Bonus:
- End in enemy ZOC.
- End on Friendly unit that is not a fired artillery.
- End on hex that is adjacent to road with friendly brigage or regiment
(except artillery fired).
- Leapfrog Withdrawal - cost of 100% of MA
- British can only overrun in Game Turn 1.
- Germans can only overrun in counterattack Game Turn (15.0).
- Only cadre may be overrun, only tanks and Stosstruppen may overrun.
- Overrun cost 2 + movement points, no supply points, no artillery, shift +1, no DR.
- Only regiments and brigades have ZOCs, also 3+ stacking points.
- Cost +2 to enter ZOC, +1 to exit
- ZOCs extend into friendly units for movement purposes only.
Stacking Limit: 4 units
- Mobile CRT used if at least 1/2 attacking units are tanks or Stosstruppen.
- If a unit is disrupted it is flipped.
- If a unit is reduced to Cadre, it is flipped and a Cadre marker is placed on it.
- Units disrupted twice are reduced to Cadre.
- Cadres may not be undisrupted.
- Units undergoing Drumfire in trench or artillery emplacement hexes with no adjacent
enemy may not be reduced to Cadre.
- Cadre artillery become 0=S.O.S. and Barrage=1.
- Advance after combat is 1 hex, may violate ZOC restrictions.
- Units with 0 defense are attacked at 5-1.
- Undisrupting only if
- no enemy within 4 hexes
- did not participate in combat (wasn't fired on)
- if British -- 2+ hexes west of original British trenches
- if German -- in city or village
- May only try up to 6.
- Must roll 5 or 6, otherwise unit may not be moved next turn.
- Artillery Barrage Types and When Fired
Drumfire: Friendly Barrage Combat Phase
Rolling: Friendly Barrage Combat Phase
Direct Support: Friendly Combat Phase
S.O.S. Support: Friendly Combat Phase
Interdiction: Friendly BarrageCombat Phase
- All types must be in supply although S.O.S. spends no Supply points.
- No artillery attack during Barrage phase if enemy adjacent.
- No S.O.S. if adjacent to enemy
- To see enemy, spotting unit must be within 7 hexes (and adjacent to ridge if one
interdicts). Otherwise German strength is x 0.5 or British strength -1.
GTI, no British supply point expenditure
German counterattack GT, no line to depot needed if have Current Issue Supply
Effects of being Unsupplied:
- company or battalion sized units
- counterattacks on CRT
Variable Supply (11.8)
Tanks break down on a 1-2 on first turn, 1 on later turns.
Broken down tanks are 0-0-4 and no ZOC.
Repair may occur within 2 hexes of Metz or Gouzeaucourt
Must roll a "6"
- movement x 0.5
- may not attack or barrage
- may counterattack if unable to retreat, but only at 0.5
- unsupplied depots can't expend or receive points
- unit can be eliminated if unsupplied for 3 consecutive Friendly game turns, roll
a die, 1 or 2 -->
First turn Surprise for British - 1 column shift on all attacks and overruns
Continuous line from xx01 to xx34 not important in scenario 25.1.
On GT 1, Movement Phase I, British roll 1 die for each cavalry division:
On GT 1, Movement Phase II, British roll 1 die for each cavalry division:
(doesn't apply on GT 1 to 0-1-12 battalions or to Canadian Brigade)
On GT 2, Movement Phase I, British roll:
Divisions sent back must remain until British rolls 1-3 for each (does not apply
to artillery cavalry)
British mobile bridges are A
Wait 1 move phase to emplace
May not be enemy unit adjacent to emplace or removed
Max. no. of constructed bridges (type C) = 2.
Occupy both ends with infantry (no enemies in ZOC).
Same procedure for dismantling.
Enemy demoliton possible (1 for A; 1-2 for A-C)
Enter in columnn.
German Cambrai reinforcements blocked if
- even 1 British unit is in Cambria
- British units are on connecting railway
Mon Sep 29 15:34:11 PDT 2003