Dune - Errata
Mon Nov 9 20:27:21 PST 1998
I am used to playing Dune with the following house rules:
- Alliances need more than 3 strongholds to win:
- an Alliance of 2 players needs 4 strongholds to win
- an Alliance of 3 players needs 5 strongholds to win
- Alliances of more than 3 players are not allowed
- Players may not transfer spice to their allies.
(The reasoning is that this is the special power of the Emperor
and so it should not ordinarily be allowed. It is true that you
may be able to accomplish the same thing by use of a third-party
non-ally intermediary, but on the other hand you may have to pay
that party for his or her services, or that party may fail to
deliver on the agreement. It seems to make for a more interesting
- After a player has responded to the Prescience or Voice (or
both), both players are free to change all the other elements of
the Battle Plan.
- There is no special time to use the Truth Trance during Battle.
It may go before the Prescience or Voice or after, but it may not
be used in the middle of either of these. For example, if the
Atreides were to ask a question and the querent wanted to use Truth
Trance, he or she would first need to respond to the Prescience
question before playing the Truth Trance.
- Recording game information on paper,
particularly who has or might have which Treachery Cards is perfectly legal.
Please forward any comments and additions to this WWW-page to