Lords of the Spanish Main - Quick Setup Rules
Wed Apr 25 16:08:02 MDT 2007
- Lay out the map and give each player a calendar.
- Shuffle all the character cards and deal out enough so that there is
one fewer than the number of players. Then add the Marqués de
card to those dealt out. Shuffle these and deal one to each player.
These cards are placed in the "1" section of their owners' calendars, except
for that of the Marqués de Guadalcazar, who places his card in the "3"
- The player who received the Marqués de Guadalcazar card also
takes the Casa de la Contratacíon mordida card and is called the treasure
- The 4 treasure location cards are given to the treasure player.
- The 6 pirate location cards are placed face down on the map where it
reads "Pirate Deck". (No need to shuffle.)
- Each player takes the tents associated with his character and places
the larger tent in the 16X0 space of the calendar.
- Each player receives 5 "silver" tokens which are placed in his coffers.
- The 99 cards having black spot icons in the lower right are shuffled
and 10 are placed face down on each of the five decade slots above the
map to form the decade decks. The remaining 49 cards will not be used,
- If 6 or more are playing, extra cards are added to the decks as follows:
Lords of the Spanish Main-related pages on this site: