Mon Sep 24 16:26:20 PDT 2001
Questions for Players:
- How strenuously should the Aryans-2 attack the
Harappans on Turn 1?
- Can Blue earn enough points to have a chance to win?
- Does Yellow have enough to do throughout the game?
How long do the Scythians and Malwa last?
- Can you send me your turn-by-turn VP totals?
- What regions do the Muslims hold at the start of turn 24?
- Allchin, Frank Raymond; Romila Thapar; Philip B. Calkins and R. Champakalakshmi;
Encyclopædia Britannica: India: "History"
- Barraclough, Geoffrey and Geoffrey Parker (editors),
The Times Atlas of World History
- Barraclough, Geoffrey (editor),
The Times Concise Atlas of World History
- Beckwith, Christopher I.,
The Tibetan Empire in Central Asia: A History of the
Struggle for Great Power Among Tibetans, Turks, Arabs, and
Chinese During the Early Middle Ages
- Frye, Richard N.,
The Heritage of Central Asia
- Grousset, Rene,
The Empire of the Steppes: A History of Central Asia
- Heli, Richard,
"The Ephthalites of Central Asia"
- Johnson, Gordon,
Cultural Atlas of India
- Kinder, Hermann and Werner Hilgemann,
The Anchor Atlas of World History, volume I
- McEvedy, Colin,
The Penguin Atlas of Ancient History
- McKay, John P., Bennett D. Hill, John Buckler,
History of World Societies : From Antiquity Through
the Middle Ages: Rand McNally Historical Atlas of the World
- Oliphant, Margaret,
The Atlas of the Ancient World:
Charting the Great Civilizations of the Past
- Toynbee, Arnold,
A Study of History
Mahabharata (Film Version)
Recent Changes to These Pages
August 22, 1998
September 23, 1998
- Change the turn order slightly, reversing the two Gupta successor kingdoms.
- Modify slightly the Mauryan kingdom breakup rules.
- Insert the full kingdom breakup rules into the appropriate player cards.
September 29, 1998
- Delete incorrect 4 Muslims on turn 14.
- Explain the change in turn length.
October 3, 1998
- Note rules which are now invalid.
- Modify Rajput and Chola submission rules.
- Modify Sinhalese submission rules.
- Add Delhi to turn 22 Mughal objectives.
- Modify VPs for Kushans.
- Re-name "Guptas of Malwa" to "Malwa".
- Clarify the Overpopulation rule.
October 7, 1998
- Start Kanishka a turn earlier.
- Add Tibetans.
October 12, 1998
- Add to Mauryan Victory Conditions.
- Modify Ephthalite Victory Conditions.
- Add Persian reinforcements to turns 9 (Parthians) and 12 (Sassanians).
- Modify Kushan Victory Conditions.
October 30, 1998
- Modify VPs for colonial powers.
October 31, 1998
- More points to Aryans for Ganges areas.
- Lower Purple point awards.
- Bolster Blue point awards.
- Re-allocate colors of Mauryan successors.
- Assign Ephthalites to Blue.
- Mughals to move after the Muslims.
- Distribute last 6 turns over 8 turns.
- Add 2 Muslims on first appearance.
- Remove Muslim growth limit.
- Disallow Aryan submission at 3 areas.
- Add Ashoms.
November 1, 1998
- Eliminate Sinhalese & Pandya submission.
- Revise Malwa VP awards.
- Add that Aryans and Mauryans submit to Guptas.
- Change countermix for Ahoms and Malwa.
(Game Turn Track & Order of Play Chart)
- Modify Mauryan breakup slightly.
- Make proviso for overstacking on Ganges income.
November 3, 1998
- Revise Muslim VP awards.
(Blue Player Cards)
February 4, 1999
- Modify Ganges Income rule.
- Give Sinhalese a second chance.
(Turn Record Chart)
January 23, 2001
- Improve the image quality.
March 4, 2001
- Add pictures with which you can print your own counters.
Thanks to Timo Sillgren!
September 24, 2001
- Improv counters! Thanks again Timo!
(Bactrians and Scythians)
- Add a Sample Scores page.
Fix some areas where the cards were out of sync with the Turn Record Chart.
Add Ahoms to VP track.
(Yellow Player Cards)
(Purple Player Cards)
(Green Player Cards)
(Victory Points Chart)